INTRODUCING... THE BMECS BEST OF BRITISH AWARDS 2018!
Are you a maker? Do you sculpt, paint, carve, sand, snip, fasten, or glue model horsey things? Well, here is your chance to shine!
Similar to previous years, BMECs 2018 will be offering five classes for any work made by British Model Horse Artists between October 2017 and September 2018.
ONE entry per artist per class. Artists must show their own work, or they may proxy with permission (please message us). No BMECs card needed for entries. Just bring your best to go head to head with the Best Of British! Special rosettes and prizes will be awarded.
1. UK Finishwork
· Models of any material, including customs - however only paint work and/or custom glazing will be judged. Factory or AA finishwork excluded from this class.
2. UK Custom Work
· A model in any material that has been altered in any way, incl. rehairing. Complete customisation to be judged.
3. UK Sculpture
· Must be shown blank (primed is okay).
4. UK Props & Dolls
· No horses please. Entry must consist of either one doll OR one prop.
5. UK Tack
· No dolls or props, can have horse or display stand to model if desired. Tack only will be judged.
Both realistic and fantastical entries accepted, as are busts and medallions in classes 1-3. Plain stands and turntables permitted in all classes, but in order for the individual piece to shine on its own, please no scenery, backgrounds, or additional props (unless it is a prop being shown in the prop class). Photos of progress, potential set ups, and references always welcomed.
We can't wait to see what you come up with!